Information you need about the career fair
The fall and spring CNRE career fairs, meet and greet events, and interviews connect current students with employers seeking to fill full-time or part-time positions, as well as internships. Each year, hundreds of career-ready students from our college and across Virginia Tech visit with employers. Mark your calendar for the fall and spring events, and then check out the information below just for students and employers.
Spring 2024 career events
If you have questions about the career fair registration process, please contact John Freeborn at 540‑231‑1138 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet and Greet Reception
This event offers a relaxed environment for students to learn more about employers who will be attending the career fair, talk with alumni, and obtain feedback on their resumes.
Directions to the East End Zone Club:
Park in Lot 4. Cross Beamer Way. Enter through Gate 2, at the south end zone. Enter the doors to the right of the stairs. Take the elevator to the third floor. Follow signage.
CNRE Career Fair
Averaging more than 50 employers, CNRE’s event is one of the largest natural resources career fairs in the U.S. and offers all Hokies the chance to find internships and full-time positions.
Squires Student Center - Commonwealth Ballroom
10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Packaging Career Expo
Engage with our packaging students as they co-host the Packaging Career Expo in conjunction with the CNRE Career Fair.
Squires Student Center - Commonwealth Ballroom
10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Space is available for employers who would like to conduct in-person interviews on Thursday, Feb. 22.Various campus locations
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Fall 2024 career events
Contact John Freeborn, director of employer relations, at 540-231-1138 or email@example.com.
Please see the specific information below for students and employers
Details about the Meet and Greet Reception
- This is your chance to talk with employers in a more informal setting and make a great first impression before the career fair.
- Bring your elevator pitch for Speed Networking and receive feedback from employers on your pitch.
- To attend, please register in advance.
- Dress is business casual.
- Sign up to attend the Career Fair Prep session prior to the career fair on Tuesday, Feb. 6, at 6 p.m. to know what you can do to get the most out of the CNRE Career Fair experience.
Details about the CNRE Career Fair
- Employers will set up tables at the venue. The event is open to all students (pre-registration is not required, but if you register ahead, we can have your name tag ready for you and send you updates about the event).
- Check out the employers who attended the most recent are attending the career fair.
- Business/interview attire is required.
- Make sure you review how to prepare for a career fair and what to do during the event. Also, learn more about what makes a good resume.
- Make sure you register to attend the training session prior to the career fair so you know how the Brazen platform works and what you can do to get the most out of this experience. You can watch a 5-minute overview of the Brazen platform:
Details about the next-day interviews
- If an employer wishes to schedule an interview with you, they will speak directly with you to make those arrangements. Be sure to listen carefully for details about the time and location of the interview to ensure that it fits in with your schedule.
- Interviews may take place between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. You should arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled time.
- If you land an interview, dress appropriately. Business/interview attire is required.
- Also, make sure you read the advice about what to do (and not do!) at an interview.
If you have any questions or if you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact John Freeborn at 540‑231‑1138 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Details about registration
- Registration coming soon.Register now for the career fair, networking session, and next-day interviews.
- The registration deadline is Friday, Feb. 9, 2024.
- If you have questions about the career fair or the registration process, please contact John Freeborn at 540‑231‑1138 or email@example.com.
If you need to cancel your registration, please email CNRECareerFair@vt.edu. If you email by Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2024, you will receive a full refund. There will be no refunds after Feb. 14, 2024.
In the unlikely circumstance that this event is canceled due to insufficient registrations or unforeseen circumstances, the university will refund your registration fee. However, Virginia Tech cannot be held responsible for any other expenses, cancellation fees, or other charges.
Details about the career fair
- Coming soon.
- Check in will be from 8 to 9 a.m. Students will be available to assist you with transporting materials at the loading dock area. Please enter from the Alumni Mall side of Squires Student Center. Loading and unloading areas will be marked. Pastries and coffee will be available from 8 to 9:30 a.m. in the rear of the Commonwealth Ballroom.
- Each employer will be provided with one 8′ x 6′ booth (with electric and Wi-Fi access) and up to four chairs. Table linens will be provided or you may bring your own. If you need to ship display materials ahead of the Career Fair event, please reach out to CNRECareerFair@vt.edu for drayage information. Hollins Expo Services, our event vendor, will be providing that service for our employers, and materials can be shipped to them. Display materials will be placed at your booth by 8:30 a.m. the day of the event..
- The career fair begins promptly at 10 a.m. in the Commonwealth Ballroom in Squires Student Center and ends at 3 p.m.
- Lunch is provided and takes place from 12 to 1 p.m. in the rear of the Commonwealth Ballroom.
- You may take down your displays and pack up from 3:15 to 5 p.m.
- The event is open to all Virginia Tech students.
Details about the interviews
If you are interested in holding interviews the day after the career fair, please request an interview space when you complete your registration form. Please note that space is limited.
- Visitor parking information will be sent two weeks prior to the career fair.
- Employers must park in the Chicken Hill parking lot. Shuttle vans will run throughout the day between the parking lot and Squires Student Center.
- Directions to Squires Student Center from Interstate 81 are as follows: take exit 118B onto 460 West towards Virginia Tech. Continue for 8.5 miles to the Prices Fork Road exit for “Downtown.” The exit ramp will veer right. Continue on Prices Fork Road for 1.2 miles. At the traffic circle, take the first exit onto N. Main Street and continue for 0.4 miles. Turn right onto Alumni Mall. Proceed on Alumni Mall and complete a U-turn near the end of Alumni Mall. As you head back toward N. Main Street, Squires Student Center and the loading / unloading area will be on your right with signage. You may drop your materials here and then proceed to the Chicken Hill parking lot. Additional information, including directions to the parking lot, will be sent to registrants ahead of the career fair event.