Information you need about the career fair
The CNRE Career Fair is an annual event that helps current students connect with employers who are seeking to fill full-time or part-time positions as well as internships. Mark your calendar for the main events listed below and then check out the specific information for students and employers.
Please note that that due to health and safety concerns in relation to COVID-19, this year’s career fair will be a virtual event utilizing the Brazen platform. Training sessions will be scheduled for both employers and students prior to the event, and more information will be posted below when available.
Career Fair Prep for Students: Successfully Navigating Online Career Fairs
Thursday, September 17, 2020
CNRE Virtual Career Fair
Tuesday, September 22, 2020
10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (event)
9 to 9:30 a.m. (employer welcome)
Contact John Freeborn, employer relations director
Please see the specific information below for students and employers
Details about the CNRE Career Fair for students
- Employers will have virtual “booths” at the career fair. You can visit these areas to chat with employers of interest.
- You may also be invited to participate in a live video chat, so make sure you wear business/professional attire for the event.
- Make sure you register to attend the training session prior to the career fair so you know how the Brazen platform works and what you can do to get the most out of this experience.
- You’ll be able to upload your resume prior to the event.
- The event is open to all students but registration is required. More information about registration will be available in late summer.
- You can check out the employers who attended the career fair last year.
Details about the CNRE Career Fair for employers
- Employers will have virtual “booths” at the career fair. Students will enter your space to chat.
- Employers can also invite students to a video chat.
- Make sure you attend the practice session prior to the event so you know what the virtual space will look like in the Brazen platform and learn best practices and tips for interacting with students.
- Students will be able to upload their resumes on the platform so that you can access them.
- The event is open to all Virginia Tech students.
- Registration is required for employers.