Information you need about the career fair
The CNRE Career Fair is an annual event that helps current students connect with employers who are seeking to fill full-time or part-time positions as well as internships. Mark your calendar for the main events that are listed below, and then check out the information below just for students and employers.
Monday, September 24, 2018
5 to 7 p.m.
Lane Stadium, South End Zone (Registration is requested.)
Bring your elevator pitch for Speed Networking, to receive feedback from employers on your pitch.Student Registration
Next-day interviews scheduled by employers
Wednesday, September 26, 2018
Times and locations TBA
Contact the Advising Center
Please see the specific information below for students and employers
Details about the networking reception
- This is your chance to talk with employers in a more informal setting and make a great first impression before the career fair.
- Bring your elevator pitch for Speed Networking, to receive feedback from employers on your pitch.
- To attend, you must register in advance by September 17, 2018.
- Dress is business casual.
Details about the CNRE Career Fair
- Employers will set up tables at the venue and the event is open to all students (no registration is required).
- Check out the employers coming to the career fair.
- Business/interview attire is required.
- Make sure you review how to prepare for a career fair and what to do when you’re there. Also, learn more about what makes a good resume.
Details about the next-day interviews
- If an employer wishes to schedule an interview with you on Wednesday, he or she will speak with directly with you in order to make those arrangements. Make sure you that you listen carefully for details about the time and location of the interview to ensure that it fits in with your schedule and so that you can be prepared.
- Interviews may take place between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., and you should arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled time.
- If you land an interview, dress appropriately. Business/interview attire is required.
- Also, make sure you read the advice about what to do (and not do!) at an interview.
Details about registration
- Register for the career fair, networking session, and next-day interviews.
- The registration deadline is Friday, September 7, 2018.
- The fee for attending is $300 for for-profit companies and $100 for non-profit organizations.
- If you need to cancel your registration, please email CNRECareerFair@vt.edu. If you email by Friday, August 31, you will receive a full refund. After Friday, August 31, there will be no refunds.
- In the unlikely circumstance that this event is cancelled due to insufficient registrations or unforeseen circumstances, the university will refund your registration fee. However, Virginia Tech cannot be held responsible for any other expenses, including cancellation or charges assessed by airlines, hotels, travel agencies, or other organizations.
Details about the career fair
- Check in will be from 8 to 9 a.m. Students will be available to assist you with transporting materials at the service lane. Please enter from Beamer Way. Pastries and coffee will be available from 8 to 9 a.m. at the Bowman Room.
- Each employer will be provided with one 8’ x 6’ booth (with electic and Wi-Fi access) and up to four chairs. Table linens will be provided or you may bring your own. Any materials or display hardware delivered to Cheatham Hall prior to the career fair will be placed at your booth. Please ship your materials to The Advising Center, 138 Cheatham Hall, 310 West Campus Drive, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
- The career fair begins promptly at 10 a.m. in the Cassell Coliseum Concourse and ends at 4 p.m.
- Lunch takes place from 12 noon to 1 p.m. at the Bowman Room
- You may take down your displays and pack up from 4 to 5 p.m.
Details about the interviews
- If you are interested in holding interviews the day after the career fair, please request an interview space when you complete your registration form. Please note that space is limited.
- Visitor parking permits and parking information will be sent two weeks prior to the career fair.
- Directions to Cassell Coliseum from Interstate 81 are as follows: Take Exit 118 (Christiansburg/ Blacksburg) onto U.S. Rt. 460 West Bypass towards Blacksburg/Virginia Tech. Take the Virginia Tech Southgate Drive exit. Keep right at the fork to continue toward Southgate Drive. At the first traffic circle, take the second exit onto Southgate Drive. At the next traffic circle, stay in the right lane to continue on Southgate Drive. At the light, turn left onto Beamer Way. Just past Lane Stadium (on your right), you will turn into the service lane beside Cassell Coliseum to drop off your materials and then proceed to park your vehicle.