Give to the College
Be the hero of a CNRE story
Alumnus Mike Melo (’79) has crafted a career defined by the Virginia Tech motto Ut Prosim (That I May Serve) and built a company based on the “In the Arena” philosophy espoused by Theodore Roosevelt for making the world a better place. Through their ongoing engagement and a recent gift to the college, Melo and his wife and business partner, Kathy Gravely Melo, are working to ensure that Virginia Tech and CNRE will be ready to take on the next great challenge in the sustainable management of natural resources: environmental security.
If you talk to a CNRE supporter, you’ll hear a variety of stories about how they got involved with the college. But you’ll also find that they have something in common: a passion for supporting what’s closest to their hearts. If you want to learn more about the college and have a great idea for making an impact, let us know. We’re always looking for heroes.
Make an online gift today
If you are ready to support CNRE, making a gift online is easy and convenient.
- Go to the online form.
- Select or enter your gift amount.
- Select the College of Natural Resources and Environment as the area you would like to give to.
- You may also then select a department or student organization, or give to the annual fund. Giving to the annual fund means your gift will be used to support our most pressing needs. (If you would like to give to the John F. Hosner Legacy Fund, please select “Other” and then type the name of the fund in the “Designation” box that appears.)
- Fill in your personal information.
- Click the “Give now” button.
Want to make an impact on the environment and Virginia Tech? Reach out!
If you are interested in making a gift that will be absolutely transformative, contact Julia Allen, assistant dean of advancement. Julia can help you find a way to support what matters to you, whether it’s making college possible for a deserving student, supporting ground-breaking research, or something bigger!
Contact Julia at 540-231-5525 or CNREAdvancement@vt.edu.
Come get inspired and see your impact
Are you a graduate of CNRE or someone who is interested in what we do? We’d love to have you come visit! You can meet the people of CNRE and see how we are transforming the world — and learn how you can help. We would be happy to arrange a tour of our facilities, a visit to the field with faculty, lunch with students, or the chance to sit in on a class.