Do you love CNRE? Be an ambassador for the college!
If you enjoy meeting people and telling them about your experiences in your major, with the college, and at Virginia Tech, consider applying to be a College of Natural Resources and Environment ambassador. CNRE ambassadors work closely with the Advising Center to serve as guides and recruiters for prospective students and their parents, represent the college at university-sponsored events such as open house programs, act as hosts at alumni receptions and events, and help teach several first-year experience labs.
If you have questions, contact John Gray Williams at email@example.com or 540-231-4909.
Why should I become a CNRE ambassador?
Not only will you have the chance to represent your college and the university and make a difference in the academic careers of current and prospective students, but you’ll also get all of the following:
- In-depth knowledge of the college and departments
- The chance to meet and connect with college and departmental administrators
- Leadership opportunities
- Experience speaking to diverse audiences
- Opportunities to network with alumni and employers
- Social events to celebrate your hard work and get to know other ambassadors
- Free ambassador shirt and official CNRE nametag
How do I apply?
In order to apply to be a CNRE ambassador, you must meet the requirements listed below. Info sessions will be held in Cheatham 136B on the following dates so you can learn more: Jan. 24 and 25, 2024 from 5:30 - 6:15 p.m. each day.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Submit a completed CNRE Ambassador Application that includes your resume, as well as contact information for a CNRE faculty or staff member who will serve as your reference.
- Attend an interview lasting approximately 15 minutes. When you submit the online application, you will receive a confirmation email that will include a link to sign up for an interview slot.
- Attend a Saturday training session.
What are the participation requirements?
To remain in good standing, ambassadors are required to participate in recruitment activities such as:
- Weekend open house programs (two in the fall and two in the spring; you are expected to do at least two)
- Prospective student visits (these are ongoing throughout the semester)
- Phone calls to admitted students
- Writing postcards to admitted students
- High school presentations
- Virginia Tech Majors Fair
- CNRE Career Fair
Ambassadors are also encouraged to assist with the following recruitment activities and other college events:
- On-campus recruitment events
- Conference exhibitions
- Science fairs
- CNRE Awards Banquet
- Other miscellaneous CNRE events