Water Center Reaches Out
May 15, 2013
One facet of the mission of the Virginia Water Resources Research Center, a federally funded center established in 1965 and housed in the college since 2005, is to share water-science information with citizens and policy makers across the commonwealth. It does so in a number of ways:
- The Virginia Water Central newsletter contains information on water news, policies, science, the status of water resources, and stewardship.
- The Virginia Water Central News Grouper provides annotated links to water news articles, events, and resources, grouped by topic.
- Virginia Water Radio broadcasts weekly segments highlighting music and sounds relating to Virginia’s water resources.
- The Quick Guide to Virginia Water- Related Events includes information on conferences, workshops, stewardship events, government meetings, and other activities as well as links to lists provided by a number of other organizations.
- The Virginia Water Monitoring Council provides regular email announcements of meetings, reports, and other items related to water quality and water monitoring.