Students conduct original research related to using natural, renewable resources for the production of useful materials, byproducts, or bioenergy. Areas of study include packaging science, forest products business, residential wood structures, and wood materials science. Faculty members typically select graduate students based on the student’s qualifications and level of interest in the research; contact faculty members before applying.
Recent Theses and Dissertations:
- The effect of green insulation standards on moisture accumulation within framing of residential structures – Kevin Knight
- Identifying success factors in the wood pallet supply chain – Leslie Sanchez
- An application of lean thinking to the furniture engineering process – Chao Wang
- Vacuum steam technology for rapid plasticization and bending of maple – Robert Wright
- Breaking down barriers: market opportunities for Appalachian forest products in Central America – Scott Lyon